Panel on Construction & Demolition:
LEEDv4, Diversion Best Practices, and Deconstruction, Oh My!
Presented by USGBC-Missouri Gateway and Associated General Contractors of St. Louis
May 23, 2013 – 3:00 – 5:00 pm
The St. Louis Region and the Midwest are blessed with open space and low tipping fees, which means that it is easy to overlook where our generated residential and commercial waste ends up. Despite this, many contractors and owners are looking for ways to divert materials from our landfills – through reuse, recycling and smart planning.
With support from St. Louis Jefferson Solid Waste Management, USGBC-Missouri Gateway recently conducted two small research projects to learn more about the C&D credits in the next version of the LEED Green Building Rating System (LEEDv4) and to study
Join us for a free educational panel on Construction & Demolition Materials hosted by USGBC-Missouri Gateway and the Associated General Contractors of St. Louis on the State of Construction & Demolition Recycling in St. Louis. The panel will include a discussion of the recent USGBC-Missouri Gateway research projects as well as two local case studies – one on opportunities for C&D diversion on a Washington University project and the second on Deconstruction as an alternative to demolition.
· Acquire an understanding of the differences between C&D related credits in the current version of LEED 2009 compared to those in LEED version 4
· Examine options for C&D materials diversion In Missouri and share best practices
· Explore potential higher use solutions for difficult to recycle and reuse C&D materials
· Recognize lessons learned from recent C&D Pilot and Deconstruction Projects in the St. Louis Region
· Capture and expand upon possible business case options as they relate to LEED requirements and
Submitted for 2 GBCI CE Hours and 2 AIA/CES Learning Units
WHEN: Thursday, May 23, 3:00 – 5:00 pm
WHERE: 6301 Knox Industrial Drive (63139), Second Floor Assembly Room
REGISTER: Online registration is currently closed. Unregistered attendees may register at the event.
Contact USGBC-Missouri Gateway staff by email or phone (314) 577-0225.