January 12th Program
2021 State of the Chapter & Social
Click Here to View a List of Attendees (PDF)
Join us for our annual State of the Chapter & Social on January 12th as we kick off the new year and a year-long celebration of our 20th Anniversary! While we cannot gather in person, we look forward to connecting with you virtually. This FREE event – open to members and non-members – is one of the highlights of our year.
- Win a cool DOOR PRIZE! We are excited to award two awesome door prizes: an annual subscription to BuildingGreen.com ($199 value). Must be present to win - see below for details.
- Help us kick-off a celebration of 20 green years and the accomplishments of our amazing volunteers.
- Meet Chapter leaders and hear highlights from the past year and plans for the upcoming year.
- Hear from Green Building Leaders of the Future!
- Participate in fun breakout room conversations.
- Find out how you can engage with USGBC-MGC to contribute to a positive future for our community.
- Participate in our Online Auction - opens January 7 @ noon and closes January 15 @ noon. You need not attend the State of the Chapter participate! Here's a link to the Online Auction - or see below for details!
We hope you’ll join us in welcoming the New Year and contributing to our goal of making every building a green building.
Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 5:30 – 7:00 pm
5:35 pm: Welcome & Remarks from Chapter Leadership
- Angela Moore, Past Chair
- Hannah Roth, Chair
5:55 pm: Green Building Leaders of the Future Guest Speakers:
- Divine D. Akinjiyan, Mathematics & Computer Science Major and Energy Specialist with University of Missouri-St. Louis Sustainability
- Carter Fortman, Senior and Sustainability Advocate at St. Louis University High School
6:20 pm: Networking Breakout #1
6:35 pm: Networking Breakout #2
6:50 pm: Door Prize Drawing (must be present to win)
Online via Zoom
Free event for all attendees.
Click the Register button on the left side of this screen.
ONLINE AUCTION: https://www.biddingowl.com/USGBCMGC
We are excited to extend our traditional silent auction to a longer Online Auction. The Auction will open on Thursday, January 7 at noon and close on Friday, January 15 at noon. You do not have to attend the State of the Chapter in order to participate, but we'd sure love to see your faces! Visit the auction site or check out the confirmed auction items below.
Sustainable Landscape Design
Get ready for spring with this gift card for Custom Sustainable Landscape Design by Quiet Village Landscaping.
Retail Value: $500
Generously Donated by Quiet Village Landscaping
Improve Your Home's Indoor Air Quality
Take a step towards reducing indoor air contaminants with the installation of Air Scrubber by Aerus, a whole-home air purification system installed directly in-line with your home's ductwork. Learn more about this equipment here.
Retail value: $939 (equipment and installation)
Generously Donated by SmartHouse Heating & Cooling
FLOR Tuxedo Pocket Area Rug
Classic, like the grooves of a vinyl record, this rug shows off subtle hatchings with style and confidence without being too showy. Now with metallic options. You choose your color for a 6 x 9 foot rug (20 tiles). Check out the options here.
Retail Value: $560
Generously Donated by Interface
Weekend Getaway @ Timber Farms and Ozark Forest Mushrooms
Weekend stay (Friday & Saturday nights) or the equivalent during the week at Beaver Lake House at Timber Farms and Ozark Forest Mushrooms. A tour of the mushroom farm is included! Visit www.TimberFarmstheSinks.com to get excited about winning this bid!
Retail Value: $350
Generously Donated by Dan Hellmuth & Nicola MacPhereson
Enjoy a small color bowl - a custom-created flowering plant bowl - perfect for your company lobby or your dining room table! Check out some examples here.
Retail Value: $75
Generously Donated by Growing Green, Inc.
Missouri Botanical Garden Festival Membership
The best way to experience the Garden is as a member! This membership will provide ample opportunities to enjoy the Garden and all its special events.
Retail Value: $225
Generously Donated by the Missouri Botanical Garden
St. Louis Art Museum Family Level Membership
Spend the next year diving into the St. Louis Art Museum's collection with this Family Level Membership. The gift includes a Large Van Gogh tote bag, a small museum tote bag, and an Impressionist France book.
Retail Value: $100
Generously Donated by the St. Louis Art Museum
Don't miss out on this always popular auction item. This year's goodie basket includes: Belle Meade Reserve Bourbon, Basil Hayden’s Kentucky Straight Bourbon, Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon, One Bourbon Drinking Glass - “I’m Not Drinking Alone, I’m Social Distancing”, two Tevolo Sphere Ice Molds, and various snacks. All packaged in a wooden wine crate.
Estimated Retail Value: $150
Generously Donated by Kim Chapman of ESCO Technologies and member of USGBC-Missouri Gateway Board
St. Louis Science Center Family & Friends Level Membership
Explore everything the St. Louis Science Center has to offer through this Family & Friends Level Membership - including the OMNIMAX Theater and Planetarium. There's something for everyone to learn about science and technology at the museum.
Retail Value: $89
Generously Donated by the St. Louis Science Center
St. Louis Zoo Patron Level Membership
Who doesn't love a day at the Zoo?! Use this Patron Level Membership to enjoy family fun time and everything the St. Louis Zoo has to offer.
Retail Value: $79
Generously Donated by the St. Louis Zoo
Missouri Historical Society Historian Membership
Explore St. Louis and Missouri history and contemporary issues with this Missouri Historical Society Historian Membership.
Retail Value: $75
Generously Donated by the Missouri Historical Society
Scout & Cellar Small (2 bottles), Medium (4 bottles) and Large (6 bottles) Wine Gift Baskets
Enjoy 2, 4 or 6 bottles of Scout & Cellar Clean-Crafted Wine along with additional goodies like Epic Spritzers and an assortment of meats, cheeses, chocolates and crackers. Clean-Crafted wine goes through two rounds of independent lab testing to guarantee its free to synthetic pesticides and chemical additives. Farming and production practices are also reviewed.
Retail Value: $270 (Large Basket w 6 bottles); $160 (Medium Basket w 4 bottles) or $110 (Small Basket w 2 bottles)
Generously Donated by Roof Top Sedums, LLC
Contact USGBC-Missouri Gateway staff by email or phone (314) 577-0884.
CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO THE USGBC-MGC WEBSITE.
***** ***** *****
More details on Building Green.com Membership:
BuildingGreen has been providing reliable, well-researched, authoritative information on sustainable design to progressive building professionals for over two decades. The online BuildingGreen resource serves design professionals across the globe.
A BuildingGreen membership includes:
1) Weekly email briefings on the sustainability topics that matter most to design professionals. We include updates on building materials, product reviews, and changes in LEED and other key policies and programs.
2) A monthly report in which we distill research and hands-on lessons from dozens of leading professionals to provide detailed advice on complex issues in sustainable design.
3) A green building library of more than 2,000 articles from our years of research, ranging from case studies to greenwash detection, all cross-referenced and searchable by green topic.
4) An easy-to-use CEU library with quality articles approved for AIA and LEED continuing education credits; we automatically report CE hours for you.
5) Regular webcasts on timely topics, from LEED updates to integrative process, hosted by BuildingGreen and including top experts. Previous webcasts are available free on-demand.
6) Articles about case studies of exemplary buildings showcasing specific design solutions and technologies.
7) Access to Designer Pages Plus, a comprehensive product search and management tool where BuildingGreen screens products, looking for the greenest of the green to label as “BuildingGreen Approved.” In addition to accessing our product guidance, use the entire Designer Pages database to search for products in a visual, designer-friendly environment.
8) Through our partnership with Designer Pages, Firm-wide members receive a 35% discount on Designer Pages PRO, which includes added features such as saving project history and connecting product collections with projects.