GPRO Operations + Maintenance ( O+M) Essentials Training
Green Professional Building Skills Training - Operations & Maintenance Essentials
What type of lighting is best for your building – LED, fluorescent, or halogen? How do you detect and fix hidden leaks in mechanical systems?
Efficient operations and smart maintenance in buildings not only reduce operating costs by 20-50%, but increase occupancy rates and tenant satisfaction. GPRO O+M Essentials provides building professionals with strategies to improve efficiency, comfort, and health in our existing buildings. Participants leave with at least three immediately actionable measures and the next steps needed to achieve them.
This course is ideal for property managers and building staff in multifamily residential and commercial buildings, including: building superintendents, operators, facility and property managers, operating engineers and stationary engineers.
When: Wednesday, February 27 and Thursday, February 28
8:30 am - 4:30 pm both days
Where: Missouri Botanical Garden's Commerce Bank Center for Science Education, Room 126-127
4651 Shaw | St. Louis, MO 63110
Park and enter on the WEST side of the building.
Continuing Education Hours:
12 GBCI CE Hours and 12 AIA/LU
Cost: $300 for USGBC-Missouri Gateway Members / $350 for non-members - includes course materials, breakfast & lunch both days, and certificate exam
Scholarships may be available. Please contact Emily Andrews at 314-577-0854 to inquire.
Doug Miller, City of St. Louis Building Division, Mechanical Inspection Supervisor
Chris Schlumm, City of St. Louis Building Division Building Inspection Manager
Johanna Schweiss, USGBC-Missouri Gateway Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator
What Students Learn:
Part 1: Fundamentals of Building Green (4 hours)
- Economic and health benefits from green buildings
- Causes and impacts of a changing climate
- Transitioning to sustainable operations
- Complying with green codes and standards
- Understanding LEED
- Overview of green building strategies
- The importance of commissioning
Part 2: Operations & Maintenance Essentials (8 hours)
- Using building metrics to improve performance
- Improving the building envelope for a healthier building
- Reducing water use
- Employing strategies for efficient and cost-effective heating and cooling systems
- Managing lighting to minimize energy use while maintaining lighting quality
- Maintaining indoor air quality for tenant comfort
- Reducing waste
Contact Emily Andrews with USGBC-Missouri Gateway Chapter at email@example.com or 314-577-0854 or Rajiv Ravulapati with the City Building Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-622-3616.