Continuing Education Blitz
Building Materials, LEED, and Health – Oh My!
Braving the new world of building material selection
Registration for this event is now closed.
Join USGBC-Missouri Gateway Chapter for our inaugural full-dayContinuing Education Blitz. Spend the day with national sustainability experts representing different product sectors, such as hardware, carpet, textiles, specialty metal fabricators, metal insulated panels, and structural masonry concrete block. Multiple presentation and discussion formats on an important and timely green building topic will contribute 7.0 continuing education units for LEED or AIA professional credentials.
The day will kick off with an exploration of why we should care about human health and toxicity in the world of material and product sourcing, manufacturing and use. Additional discussion topics include:
- The need for materials transparency.
- Review of regulations and guidelines required by government, materials credits in LEEDv4, and other associated market forces.
- Ways to reduce barriers to developing and using tools for materials transparency.
- How to apply Environmental Product Declarations and Lifecycle Assessments in every day practice.
Expert Participants include:
- Mikhail Davis (Moderator), Director of Restorative Enterprise for Interface
- Paul Bertram, Director of Environment & Sustainability at Kingspan Insulated Panels North America
- Annie Bevan, Certification and Operations Manager, Green Circle Certified
- Josh Jacobs, Technical Information and Public Affairs Manager, UL
- Brendan McSheehy, Vice President of Sustainability, Universal Fiber
- Aaron Smith, Director of Sustainable Building Solutions for ASSA ABLOY
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Missouri Botanical Garden's
4500 Shaw Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63110
7 LEED Specific GBCI CE Hours (BD+C, ID+C, O+M) &
7 AIA/CES LU HSW
$100 for USGBC-MGC, AIA, and CSI Members
$150 for Non-Members
$75 for Emerging Professionals
$50 for Full-time Students
Fee includes continental breakfast & lunch.
Thanks to our Sponsors!
Special thanks to our presenters and their companies for donating their time and resources!