August 25, 2014
ENERGY STAR for Congregations
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager is an online, interactive energy management tool that allows you to measure and track your house of worship’s energy and water consumption, identify investment priorities, and verify improvements over time.
Additionally, the ENERGY STAR Congregations Network provides free information, technical support and public recognition for congregations that take significant action against energy waste.
USGBC-Missouri Gateway Chapter & Missouri Interfaith Power & Light invite representatives of local congregations to take part in a free workshop on ENERGY STAR for Congregations. As a workshop attendee, you will learn:
- How to read and analyze utility bills to gain valuable insights into your parish’s energy use;
- How to build an Energy Star Portfolio Manager energy model and benchmark your building;
- How to track and measure energy and carbon emissions for your building; and
- How to plan next steps for your energy audit
In order for this event to be a success, we will need each congregation representative to bring:
- The building street address, year built, and contact information.
- 2013 (all 12 months) utility bills for all fuel types used in the building. If you don’t have this information readily available, contact your utility provider(s) as most will be able to easily supply this historical information. If you are having trouble with this, let us know! We have contacts at Ameren and Laclede that can help!
The building gross floor area and key operating characteristics for each major space type.
_______ Gross floor area (SF)
_______ Maximum seating capacity
_______ Weekdays of operation
_______ Hours of operation per week
_______ # of personal computers
_______ Presence of cooking facilities - yes or no
_______ # of commercial refrigeration/freezer units
Sabine McDowell, LEED AP, Co-Chair of Grace Creation Care Ministry at Grace Episcopal Church, founder of www.ourgreenchoices.com
August 25, 2014 - 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Missouri Botanical Garden’s Commerce Bank Center for Science Education, 4651 Shaw Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63110, Room 119
Free for individuals representing a congregation /religious organization. Please pre-register.
REGISTER: Click on the 'Register' button located on the left side of this screen.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT WILL CLOSE AUGUST 24, 2014.
QUESTIONS? Contact USGBC-Missouri Gateway staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 577-0854.
CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO THE USGBC-MISSOURI GATEWAY CHAPTER WEBSITE.